Taskbar Icons Enlarged and Pixelated

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by JordanBSach, Nov 12, 2007.

1. JordanBSach

JordanBSach Geek Trainee

Hi,

I was looking into buying a pc to tv cable, and to check compatability I went into Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced and clicked onto a number of tabs to see if there was a TV option.

However, when I came back to my desktop I noticed my desktop icons were the same but all of the taskbar icons were now enlarged and pixelated. I didn't change anything such as the monitor resolution but now I can't get things back to before.

Here is a screenshot to show what I mean:
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know what I've done wrong and how I can sort it out?

Thanks,
    Jordan

2. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

You changed the DPI prolly. Make sure u have it set to 96 (I think that's standard.)

3. JordanBSach

JordanBSach Geek Trainee

Cheers,

I tried that but it was already on 96, so I changed it to a higher DPI and then back down to 96, restarted but nothing had changed.

Does anyone else know the problem?

Thanks,
    JordanBSach

4. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

Try going to start, settings, control panel and choose display. Then, go to the appearance tab, then click advanced. Choose the active title bar in the drop down box and then try to lower the font ( i think 8 is the default for the classic windows theme) and see if that makes the difference. :)

5. JordanBSach

JordanBSach Geek Trainee

Thanks very much wildcard, that worked a treat.

I changed it down to 9 but the font was too small, put it back to original setting of 10 and for some reason it went back to normal.

Thanks again,
    Jordan