Windows 7 strange sound issue

Discussion in 'General Software' started by nicky9499, Jul 16, 2012.

1. nicky9499

nicky9499 Geek

Can someone help please, I've had this problem occur a few times now and it is seriously pissing me off.

Most often the issue occurs after iTunes locks up or something while syncing a device (piece of SH1T software but that's not the point). Then Explorer.exe also hangs. After which ALL sound on the computer comes out in slow-motion. If I try to change the volume, the slider app (SndVol.exe) hangs as well. The only way to fix this is to restart, which is not always possible because I'm in the middle of some other stuff.

The only related log in Event Viewer I could find:

Everything else seems to be working fine, if a little slower than usual. Can someone advise a possible fix, or what the problem is in the first place?

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Can you supply some info on this computer ? CPU / Ram / Hd / And allot of freezing up will have to do with running Apple software on a pc..

3. nicky9499

nicky9499 Geek

Hi Ghostman1,
    Some old stuff, AMD X3 4850, OCZ 4GB DDR2-800, WD Green 250GB 7200RPM (boot). On the software side we have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. At the time of incident Adobe Premiere Pro was rendering HD video and using up abit of CPU but it's never given me problems before and I don't see any correlation between audio lockups and PP. The only Apple software I have on this PC is iTunes and the obligatory Quicktime that comes with it. I use it to synchronize about 17GB of music between 3 iDevices. In all instances of this problem, iTunes was always doing something to an iDevice.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Can this motherboard hold more ram/memory ? How many things where open at the time of these Problems...It sounds like you are using up all the system resources, thats why it Crashed... Windows 7 64 bit takes allot to run/push it, plus running itunes and adobe, plus if your Antivirus updates at that time you will surely crash.