2 quick questions on new features:)

Discussion in 'HWF Info & Issues' started by Exfoliate, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I've always wanted to donate, or contribute some how to this site, it's helped me a hell of a lot this past year and a half, and yeah $10 is very little considering the usefulness and resourcesfulness of the members, so I would be willing to pay that.

[ot]Ex - tutorial coming this week :D if I have time. [/ot]

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Waffle I totally agree, only I've only been here for 6 months I think...$10 isn't a lot...

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

pay for answers never, it will always be free!

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

So what are these extra features that the payments will give you?

5. Sniper

thinking about them now, as soon I have a rough idea I will post them dude :)

6. Addis

Addis The King

I wouldn't mind paying to help with hosting for the site, but does no-one support the idea of having HWfs t-shirts and merchandise? Then that way its more incentive for people to give money as they got the cool, geeky t shirt statement.

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

T-SHirts mousemats etc would be great, I'd but me a t-shirt, and a mousemat....definitely I think merchandise would be a good idea!!

8. Sniper

good idea addis, we did look at this option in the past, will look at it again.

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Cool, will await your ideas on the extra features!

10. Addis

Addis The King

I'm just thinking about the Cafepress style ones, nothing too fancy, just a t-shirt with HWFs logo on it. And also possibly mouse mats or others.

But please, please don't go down the route of selling HWFs thongs. Just don't go there...

11. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Yeah, something simple. in this dark blue sort of colour..maybe.

I'd get a mousemat for sure, would look awesome

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

There are places that can make your own t-shirts professionally, there's one in the town I go to school in. Yeah a dark blue one with the HWF/ZONE365 logo/Theme and maybe a white one...yeah they would look cool, oh and I tell you what would be cool, a HWF case sticker, the domed ones that show what stuff is inside your PC/who the PC was made by, a mousemat would look very cool!

13. Fred

Fred Moderator

Why not? You know you'd buy one ;)

14. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

HAHA, well honestly I don't think they'd be very popular, there aren't many girls on here, I think just stick with mousemats, T-Shirts and maybe some other stuff and it'll be good!

15. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hehe, might want to look into partnering up with Victoria's Secret for a HWF's lingerie line. Could strike it rich there.

But yeah the polo/T-shirt mouse pad idea is a real winner:good:
    We should sell Staff Dolls too, Tickle Me ninja and so on...the possibilities are endless.

16. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

LMAO
    :chk:
    Tickle me ninja (I actually laughed out loud then...) that would be great, or those old school dolls where you pull out the cord and they say a random phrase...you could
    AD-CAMPAIGN...
    Buy the whole HWF action figure set, complete with build-your-own mini plastic computers*

*Toolkit not included, see special packs for information on how to obtain your purpose built toolkit

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hehe:p Yeah that would be awesome to have those pull cord dolls. We just record some one liners as a WAV file and send it to whatever company does dolls like that and then by christmas every little boy and girl would be kicking and screaming to get a Big B doll, with uber post action and 10 witty phrases or whatever the marketing campaign would be.

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah and then there'll be the kids wanting his evil arch enemy - SpamBot!
    Oh and the flag thing still doesnt work for me in FF, hmm maybe I'll clear the cache and see if it works or something...it works in Opera (haven't tried IE, I refuse to use it...)
    I will do the whole paid subscriptions when a cheque clears into my account as at the minute I have nadda in there :( but I bought something for a friend on ebay and am just waiting for his cheque (to pay me back the money i used to pay for the item) to clear, then I'll do the subscriptions thing, oh and Sniper, if we do it now and you still havent decided on the full features of paid subscriptions will we get the full features when you do decide?

19. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Cleared the cache, still no little labels for the flags...

20. Sniper

no sure whats causing that problem Matt555, do you have the latest FF?

as for the paid subscription, please wait on the full set of features/increased limits etc thanks

also for the cafepress, it will work out expensive for you guys, since the forums would hardly get any markup on selling or if we wanted markup tp help with hosting cost, it would add to the cost quite a bit.