are expansions worth it

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Blue2Dead, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Blue2Dead

Blue2Dead Geek Trainee

well i just got through with F.E.A.R. and Half Life 2 and very dissapointed in how short they were and especially how easy F.E.A.R was i just want to know if anyone has played the expansions for these games and thinks their worth any money at all. thx

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

i have played Half Life 2 Episode one, although i havent got very far, it looks preety good, there is always Half Life 2 Deathmatch that is free with Half Life 2 and its preety good playing online with that.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I haven't played them but from what I've read you should expect about 5 hours of gameplay for singleplayer with FEAR and maybe 4 with HL2 Ep1. Episode 1 is probably less essentual unless you're a real HL2 buff as it's got pretty much the same enemy's and weapons as the origional and even $20 seems a little steep for that short a game.
    FEAR looks pretty good, it's keeps the same great cinematic shootout laden gameplay and takes place minutes after the first game ended but you get some new enemies and a chaingun and sentry guns to play with. It's also not completely an office space romp this time though don't expect a whole lot of variety.

4. Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix Geek Trainee

Honestly, as much as I liked Episode 1, it wasn't worth the money I paid (€30), but I won't say it's not worth having. Cos it's definitely worth playing, so if a friend has it, play it in his house.