Beers of the world

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Big B, Sep 21, 2004.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Not being able to legally have a drink til 21 is very excessive! Thankfully I could start ruining my liver at 18 here in the UK. :) Do the police inforce the age limit? What punishment would be handed out if you were caught drinking?

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

[ot]Supposedly 21 is nearing the end stages of brain developement so I can dig it.

Police, yeah mostly. My mom is cool with it as long as it stays at home where nothing severe can happen. If I'm at a party with even alcohol in the fridge, spilled across the floor, wherever, I can get an M.I.P. Minor In Posession that could go on my record extending my drivers license date to 18 and possibly even more. Alcohol/drug awareness type of seminar is issued with possible community service with even more but I haven't heard much of other punishments. This applies to cigarettes too but police don't much mind that unless you blow smoke in their face...they hate that.[/ot]

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

MMmmmmm, Stone Smoked Porter:

Attached Files:

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

MMmmmmm, Stone Arrogant Bastard ale.

Attached Files:

5. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

And this is a picture of that nasty brew I was telling you about...

[​IMG]

Special Brew is so infamous, someone has made an unofficial Brew website. It's hilarious, and I strongly recommend you see it here :D

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm beginning to think that German beer rocks hard. I've found this Franziskaner (some monk on the label smiling at a beer stein---how cool is that?) to be quite tasty. I've also had some Ayinger, which is pretty good. I definitely like wheat beers best

7. zeus

zeus out of date

Good old special brew! I always preferred Super Tennants. Though both are undrinkable. I leave that stuff for tramps and underage drinkers. lol Though my drinking tastes have changed since I had it last so you never know. My dad loved it, though he happily drank a bottle of whisky a day all his life.
    [​IMG]
    Never seen it in a bottle though. 1/2 litre cans usually.

I hate lager. I tend to go for the old ales with funny names. Old Hags Wort would be a spoof example.
    Marks and Spencers do a great bottle conditioned organic ale which is lovely. Though as an everyday drink I go for guiness original. None of that horrible stuff with a widget. Never tried the extra stout. Simply cant find it.
    I used to do homebrews too. Coopers Australian Larger, but like I said I dont like lager anymore.

That special brew website is class, straight to the favourites!

8. Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole Geek

Let's not forget the world famous Newcastle Brown although I don't know where this one ended up.

[​IMG]

9. Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole Geek