best for £175?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Willz, Aug 18, 2005.

1. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

true, i also thought it was FPS when i first saw it too!
    There is also a much bigger list like this on tomshardware that i think is more accurate!

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

ah, well for the x800xl is only £100 to go, then i my dad would pay about £60 and i could get that best graphics card possibly for the agp slot :D

3. Willz

hey, the HIS X850XT PE IceQ II VIVO 256MB AGP is about £270 on overclockers.co.uk which i think is very cheap for that card, but i have being looking all over to see if i can find it cheaper in a UK store but i cant, can someone try to find it cheaper?

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I still say go with the X800XT, the X800XL's don't really overclock very well and with VAT the XT really insn't that bad a deal. I'd say it's worth it over the XL but don't bother with the X850's, the only difference is clockspeed. ATI had to realease a new card model as the X800XT line was already taken so they couldn't really get away with X800XT PE Extreme or something corney like that so they created the X850XT's to make the 6800U look bad. Stick with the X800XT dude, it's the best out right bang for your buck.

5. Willz

i would, but that x850xt on overclockers.com looks so ace with that cool fan, and i cant find an x800xt pe from his with that cool fan anyway, and i doubt they would be cheaper, as that x850xt pe is on sale, so could you try to find me an x800xt pe with the cool ace looking fan from his for less than £260?

dont forget uk sites only!

6. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

willhub, what does it matter if the fan looks good or not?
    It's suppose to cool efficiently not look good, and besides when its installed you cant see the heatsink fan anyway!

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

He probably just mean high quality. Hey dude it's you're money, get what you can afford and if it's on sale take it before it's gone but all I'm saying is the performance difference is minimal for the price.

8. Willz

:'(, the x850xt is back to £311
    ooo ooo, i think the sale is untill thursday, the thing that bothers me is that if i had pci express i could get a 7800gt for £259, the x850xt pe is £10 more :eek:, ah well, i dont suppose the 7800gt would get that much better on 3dmark 01se than the x850xt pe, maybe a few thousand :\

wow, it seems like overclockers.co.uk are ther kind of all online shops, there x800xt's are a little more than in ebuyer, but there x850xt pe, are so cheat compared to other places, hopefully, if the sale is untill thursday, i can get it orderd on monday, but if i orderd it today, i may actually get it on monday or thuesday :D

9. Willz

ok, i have now decided agian lol, to get the x800xl, or maybe the x800pro, but if i got the x800pro, i would want to softmod it into an x800xt enabling all pipelines and speed of x800xt, now why would that limit the life to about 6 months of the x800pro?

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Okay dude, you may be lucky and have your video card for longer than I first though but look at this article: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=312063&page=1
    I personally found the shear volume of steps way to intimidating for me to even bother with it. Do you know how easy it could all go to hell? Now I imagine you know what you're doing but play it safe if you ask me. Just get the XL and give it a nice OC if you can't afford the XT:good:

11. Willz

the problem is :'( :'( i cant afford an x800xl and for that i would have to wait another month i judt dont want to becouse of colege, so i will have to settle for x800pro, i know how to flash motherboard bioses, thats so easy, and has never gone wrong, but i will try with the x800pro.

if the flash went wrong, is there anyway to put it back ti normal?.

is there any x800xt's out there for £180?

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

In the US the price difference is very minimal but I guess that wouldn't help you. Suit yourself, I'm sure it will serve you well. Good luck:)

13. Willz

that overclocking guide will not work for me :'(, i am getting the his x800pro which is not a vivo one, is there anyway to just enable the extra 4 pipes withought flashing it?

14. Willz

is it possible to softmod a x800 into an x800xl or xt?
    as i can get an x800 for £110

15. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah the X800 is a sweet deal but I don't think you can do anything to it really. If you wait a bit I can ask on the OC forums if you can softmod the X800GT or X800, the GT is based on the same core used in the X850XT's:good:

16. Willz

ak, kool, that would be great if you ask about that, but i will not have to get a new fan/heatisnk for it will it?, lol, are you sure the memory on the card will be up to it?

anyway, yea ask on the oc forums, if it can be done succesfully, i will get an x800gt, but if it can be modded into an x850xt, will it be actually like an x850xt?

how long will it be untill you get an answer?, i am hoping to buy a graphics card tomorrow.

17. Willz

my luck has changed, my mum won £450 on lottary, she is giving me £50 so i have £160 allready, if i sell somthing for £50 tomorrow the i can get x800xl, whoooooooooooo i am so happy :D

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

nice one, congrats! so taking your time meant you get more money for graphics card! lol yay for being indecisive!

19. Willz

lol, my dad giving me 50 pound too, so i am getting the x850xt pe, wooooo i am over the moon :D

20. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

glad you're happy, i bet you're pleased you didnt make up your mind sooner,