button in posts to bring up hidden text?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Willz, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hi, i have seen on some other forums like Rage 3D that in posts and sigs they use these button things, on rage 3d i have done it so that i can put all specs of my 3 systems in, yet not use up so much space.

Pic to one of my posts (look in my sig, you can see what i mean)Windows 2003 Server problem (also have this problem with any other os's (XP) - Rage3D Discussion Area

Also i think that the limit as to how many characters you can use in sigs should be increased as its not really enough, those pics in my sig on this forum take nearly all the character limit up :(.

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I think for that you need to go for Premium/platinum account.

3. Willz

Why would i need to do that, after all only diffo between normal members and premium members is that premium members have a payed subscription so that they are supporting ther HWF community, there is no benefits exept that the fact i mentioned above.

4. Karanislove

5. Willz

OMG!

Whats diffo between Premium and Platinum then?, Just costs?

Anyway those maximum character limits should be removed, i mean 250 aint alot, that hidden text thing should be introduced, then the max should be put to 1000 for 100+ post members.

6. Karanislove

Now I think I've to leave it on admins coz I cant answer any of your querry better than admins.

7. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Well you don't need to Willz, however there are differences between premium and platinum e.g. platinum allows you to open/close your own threads, even more PM storage etc

I will setup a hidden button later, we already have a spoiler button which is very similar so I will change that.

As for the limit, its not 250 its currently set at 1000 Including BBCode Markup and 500 Excluding BBCode Markup for all users. I will look to change it so supporting members get some increase.

Though I am thinking about setting a limit on number of images allowed in signatures to only one, as that's more than enough, considering some forums don't even allow images in signatures.

8. Karanislove

Oooooooooooooooooh! Big Silence.....
    Situation: It seems that karanislove has to sacrifice its birds :eek:hah:

9. Willz

Limiting number of images :eek:, looks at my sig, i have about 8, there not taking up too much space, i think 1 image is not enough, if using the hudden text button, as many images as people want should be allowed as long as there hidden.

Oh, if the limit is set to 500 or even 1000 now, its not enough lol.

10. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I have no problems with the signature, however I would suggest editing the images togeather so to to turn it into one image. With all the images you have you are using around 160KB, thats way too large.

Also please read this announcement as Big B posted it recently http://www.hardwareforums.com/suggestions-feedback/announcements/

11. Willz

I read that before, as i said i will try to get all images into one.