Coax Or What?!?!?

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Willz, May 31, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

well you did, anyway got some other stuff, it says on the logitech site that i NEED 75 Ohm Digital Coxial cable, it has to be 75 Ohm.

Also, i want to extend the speaker cables, the front right and rear right dont have enough length, am i ok to extend the cabled? rear cabled are about 7.5M, and i could do with some 15M for rear and 7.5M for front speakers, but i was told the longer the cables the more voltage is going into them?, also they dont use RCA connectors, i have the latest Rev of these speakers, and they use connectors simaler to home theatre setups were at the end of the wire its just bare, and you push a clip on the sub and put the bare wire in and then clip it.

I could possibly get away with the current length of speaker if i placed the sub in the middle front of the room, but then it would be right on the wall and next door would go barmy :(

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

standard TV aerial cable is 75 ohm, try using that

3. Willz

Yes, but standard tv/arial cable is far too big, and i would of thought tv cable would of been diffrently wired to coxial cable.

also, i have re-aranged my bedroom, seems like i can just get away with wall mounting and the cables i currently have will do :D.

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Try it once.........on the solid base(not bass, its just a place where you put your woofer) . You will realize what you were missing~!

If you have a discman, try it on that with an original disc....I mean not copied:) and see how far you can go.

6. Willz

yea, i noticed with downstairs tv, on sky music channels i can max out the volume at 40, but on cd's i cant go over 25 :p, going to try the my mp3, dont have anything to play cd's exept the computer.

What do you mean try it once on a solid bass? it's on my floor which is wood.

7. Karanislove

Use that port which is on the CD drive of your computer, not on the onboard.

I mean somewhere, which is not movable and very solid, like a marble floor or cement floor and did you tried it out in the corner yet?

8. Willz

i have no port on my CD drive :s

I havent tried sub in corner, its impossible, and if i placed it in a corner, it would litrally smash the windows, as last time i had it just at side of a wall, not in corner, the walls were shaking, and the windows was vibrating so much, dont even have double glazed windows :(

9. Karanislove

lol...... Thats why, I would never like to buy a big system in NZ also; I cant listen it. Problems with the neighbours, walls, windows....Ahh! you just cant listen to the level of voice you want. It Sucks:(

10. Willz

same here, sometimes for short burst's this system is cranked up really high and sub on half way, but only for very short busrsts, in the day i can put main sat spkrs up full, cant wait tunill next door go on holiday for a week!!!, loud music untill sleep :D