Creative Shows Off PCIe X-Fi

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Maybe, but if the technology is proprietary and Creative is expecting to license it widely, they are likely to be very disappointed. Nobody wants to pay a lot more money to license something which will make their product only slightly better, especially if that might cause difficulties with the development process.

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Still, the X-Ram must be able to do soemthing unique right now, instead of just been a gimic

3. Addis

Addis The King

If you can find that use, let us know.

4. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

5. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

lol@addis. So willz, when are you gonna go buy one and let us know how it goes?

6. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

i dont see how anyone except a major music junkie or someone in the music field would need a $xxx sound card especially if it were just for games...give me one way in which the avg person or you willz can see the difference between your Intergrated sound and the sound blaster 2000wasamagigy with xfi x-ramy support-roonie?

7. Willz

I dident say it actually has an advantage, i said it should, there should be something for it, but the sound is a hell of a lot better than intergrated sound anyway!.

@StimpE, i aint going to buy a PCI-E X-Fi, i dont have PCI-E 1x slots and i allready have an X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI, got a decent enough headset free with it too.

8. Addis

Addis The King

No doubt the X-Fi gives a high quality sound, I'm just not sure the XRAM will ever come in useful. You sound as if you're worried you wasted your money :p.

9. Willz

Indeed i am :)