Good 2D card

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by jermy4, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

The 8500 has twice the pixel pipes of the 9000, it's just a better verison of the exact same card.

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

4 pipes compaired to the 2 on the 9000?

3. Anti-Trend

4. Anti-Trend

The 9000 has only one, where the 8500 has 2.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ugh, uber crap compaired to anything today. Even integrated would be compairable.
    Oh, and nice link AT, that's a pretty sweet card for the $, has more mem than mine :mad:

6. spuff

spuff Big Geek

If I knew where u were, I'd probably sell you my Sapphire Radeon 9600XT that I don't use any more for about the equivelent of $100! lol

7. jermy4

jermy4 Geek Trainee

I have my eyes on an All in Wonder card now. The idea of watching TV on my computer and burning shows to DVD every now and then is intriguing.

There is a Radeon 8500DV All in Wonder on ebay that I've been bidding on.

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I wonder why nVidia never got around to implimenting something like this with thier products, maybe ATI took the rights to it or something. That would be pretty sweet though, wish I could do that, though I only have 2 channels at my place. It would be kind of wied to have 2 All in Wonder cards in SLI (or whatever ATI is going to call their verison).

9. jermy4

jermy4 Geek Trainee

I won that auction. Anybody have any experience with this card?

10. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I thought that was a pretty good sounding card myself, but pretty much everyone here is telling me the FX line, with the exception of the FX 5900, is kinda flacky and not really as good as it sounds. Still, my friend could play HL2 with model and enviromental detail on high with a Geforce 4MX! I imagine the FX 5700 would perform pretty well on higher settings.

12. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yea but no offense to hl2 it doesn't require near as much power on doom3 so its easyto play with older cards, and awesome with newer cards when you put everything on full. but still quite a comeback froman mx

13. Anti-Trend

The FX5700 was actually a great card for the money, but last time I checked the NV6200, which shared the same architecture as the coveted 6800, was close to the same cost.