How to Setup a wireless Network?

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Karanislove, Jul 13, 2006.

1. nik

nik Geek Trainee

yea...i have a different firewall as well as the windows thing..so ill have a look on there..and see if i can see how to add the ip address from the other pc.shouldnt be hard.
    just 1 thing here...i suppose i have to do that on the firewalls of both pcs yes?..not just 1 of them..
    then presumably..it should work you reckon.?..
    ill do it as soon as i get chance and ill post back then.

thanks.

2. halfpipehippie

halfpipehippie Geek Trainee

yes, if you are having trouble finding how to set the ip, i have a VERY helpful link. its has a list of firewalls and how to change each of them, here it is

Network Magic Support

search around this site. this site helps set up a network but it only lets u use its services for 30 days but can help you learn how to set it to work without the software.
    get back to me when you have it done, or need more help.

3. Dambuster

Dambuster Magic

read all the comments carefully... I applied a WPA-PSK to my network, though MS Windows's default wireless doesn't allow me to enter the new key... like "microsoftsucksass" though luckily I have this very nice US Robotics wireless card utility that saved my day!
    So first of all, I didn't get the difference between WPA-PSK (the SOHO security) and the ones you named: TKIP and AES...
    Secondly, how do I enter the phrase like key into the default windows and OS wireless utilities?
    Thanks for the help!