I am f****

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Willz, Aug 29, 2006.

1. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

not many really near. found a couple of big companies around leeds. there are alot of smaller ones round an about.
    Why not ask about prospects at the computer building shop in York, down picadilly.

PlanetPc, CCL computers,

Its definitely who you know and what you know rather than ive got a degree in some crap sbject.

Advance Computer Systems
    Telephone: 01904 653789
    Address: 38 Piccadilly, York, YO1 9NX

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Ummm i get confused with names of streets in york dont really know em, is Picadilly the street with marks and sparks, argos and bus stop on?

3. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

thats the one. its down past argos on your left as if you was going towards wetherspoons at the bottom. they build computers and do repairs all day.

4. Willz

Ah, it doesent matter anymore, going to be doing IT course in york college again :( i have to, my parents are making me, its done now, going for intervew tomoz, it will be like last year, all people in my class i cant mix with, will be going around on my own again, i really am dreading that college sooooooooo badddd.

5. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

better to be on yr own than not doing it at all.

besides i find i work better when i don't know anybody

6. Willz

I dont, what am i going to do at breaks? go to tesco caffe and sit there on my own? i wouldent want to do that, and that caffe in york college is bullcrap, when i am on my own, 1 hour breaks go on forever and ever and ever....

7. Addis

Addis The King

It doesn't really matter, it's going to be harder to get far if you try to jump into work straight away. Yes, grades aren't everything, but getting good grades shows that you have ability, and that you are prepared to work hard. That is something that employers also look for.

If I were you, I'd suck it up and do it again. you may not know anybody, but that's life.

8. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

By watching your other posts, I can say that u r a music freak. Tell me if I m wrong. So buy one mp3 player like Ipod or something and listen to your music in breaks... Also, I dont think that the way u r thinking is correct. You can make new friends and have some fun with them. Its not that hard.

9. Willz

It is if they find out you even know a thing about computers, computer courses aint for people who are intrested in computers at york college, damnd i was posting on this forum at colege once, my so called "m8's" came behind me, they took the piss outa me ever since.

I dont like listning to Mp3's at college, i dont know whats goig on around me if i cant hear anything other than music.

10. donkey42

donkey42 plank

too right, i think qualification are crap

a few years ago, i think i was working at Halifax BS, a qualifyed NT engineer had never heard of NT recovery floppies, i said, well what are these then, showing him three NT recovery discs

11. Willz

LOL, even i know about recovery disks LOL

Anyway, Late enrolment on monday at 10am at york college for me, doing BTEC National Diploma, Applications & Design, equivilant of an A level, 2 year course, hopefully it will be a good one, just gott learn to do more work at home.

Whats dyslexia?, my parents and my tutor of my previous course rekons i am dyslexic :s

12. Addis

Addis The King

Dyslexia is a learning difficulty which affect's people's abilities to read and write, despite having normal intelligence levels. It doesn't mean that you're stupid, since intelligent people can also be dyslexic. About 10% or so of the population are thought to be dyslexic. Dyslexia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. Willz

Hey, wow i am glad i went back to York college :D, my class is ace, its got kool ppl in, i aint actually not wanting to go to college now i am getting on with people :)

14. Addis

Addis The King

Great...I've been meeting some new people at my college too. Though my group of friends are still there :p.

15. Willz

One of my "freinds" are still here, tho i dont see him, and thats good.

16. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Hey why would people not like u if they see u being interested in computers and posting on this forum?? Like u said it happened last year. That's really strange...

17. Willz

Because they dont like geeks, York college is a Geek hating place, i dont call myself a geek and think i am a geek just because i have an intrest in computers, there is someone who is an actual geek in my class, he is proud of it, no one in my class will ever know i like computers, i dont want them to, last year thats what made ppl hate me wierdly enough, there is someone in my class that is Adicted to computer, he's mad...

18. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

lol u sure u don't wanna try following that guy's example of being proud of your geekiness? Maybe u just had really really bad luck with the people in your class last year. I and many people I hang out with wouldn't be afraid to say "I'm a nerd and proud of it" or something along those lines. And I haven't met anyone in a long time who would hate me or treat me condescendingly if I said that. Most would just chuckle or something. Seriously. That kind of attitude (of anti-intellectual geek-hating) is something that should have been left behind after graduating high school ... or w/e the equivalent of high school is in UK. If I'm wrong and your school really does suck like that, I'm sorry to hear that man. People like that are just lame... still hard for me to believe that there are as many of them there as you say there are

19. Willz

I dont hate geeks, the one in my class that says he is a geek, i think he's ok, but i don't class myself as a geek, no one is addicted to computers tho, the only reason this other person said it is because he must have somting wrong, i dunno wot tho, he seems ok, just that when he says stuff, its vv wierd, like one of my friends said to him, do you have MSN, he said, no never, it shouted at me :s, unless his parents have done somthing, but i dont have anything against anyone really unless they do something bad to me, or there just been silly towards me when they don't even know me.

The guy who says he is a geek is going to get on in life preety good, he is 16 and owns his own company making websites, he earns about £10,000 a year, i don't like it tho when he boasts about how brainy he is when he says "I can write HTML with my but checks", thats just, stupid, but apart from these stupid comments he sometimes makes, he is ok, afterall, everyone makes stupid comments.

20. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

wow, that's pretty impressive. 10,000 GBP a year is not a lot though, is it? (I know that's like around $18,700 which in America is a very small salary.) But still that is quite impressive... although I don't blame u for disliking his bragging.

what are u guys learning in this class again? Sounds like he doesn't even need to be in college if he's that hardcore already lol.