Micro Atx

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by Blue2Dead, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Blue2Dead

Blue2Dead Geek Trainee

Hello, im thinking of getting a small media center look pc case i wanted to just get a small MICRO ATX mobo. and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which one to get i want to run vista on it and dx10 gfx card and be able to play upcoming games like unreal? what should i look for?

this is the case i want to get Newegg.com - nMEDIAPC HTPC 200BA Black Aluminum/Plastic/Steel MicroATX Media Center / HTPC Desktop Computer Case - Retail

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, as Core 2 is currently the top performer, an LGA775-based mATX board would be recommended. Furthermore, going that route, you can't go wrong with an Intel chipset paired with an Intel CPU.

Personally, I'd go with MSI, Asus or Gigabyte that uses the P- or G965 or P-/G35/G33 chipset. They will have integrated video in almost all cases, but that's typical of most mATX motherboards. If there's nothing really special you want (HDMI, multiple NICs, etc) I don't have a specific board to point you to off the bat.

3. Blue2Dead

Blue2Dead Geek Trainee

hey B. thx for your input i never really looked that much into intel pretty much been an amd guy but since you say its the way to go i believe it. so if you could think of a set up for me under 900 dollars would be great. excluding the OS i already got it.