Please Help Me Remove Luckystarting.com!

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Alexis_Wolfer, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Alexis_Wolfer

Alexis_Wolfer Geek Trainee

I have a malware called LuckyStarting.com on my PC. Every time I open the Firefox browser, it keeps popping up. Before this happened, I didn’t download anything what I thought was an unsafe source. But this malware does appear on my PC. One possible reason for this should be that my son accidently downloaded it when he browsed the web yesterday. Well, I have searched for the information about this malware and tried follow some manual removal guides, such as this one, to remove it. But I am not the lucky person who can get rid of it permanently. The malware comes back again. I don’t want to buy a product and would rather try the manual removal. So, do you have any other suggestion?

2. Mathilda

Mathilda Geek Trainee

3. JamesRoss

JamesRoss Geek Trainee

If the article above doesn't help, you could try scanning your computer using malwarebytes, then scanning with hitman pro, then restarting your computer and seeing if the virus persists, if it does, scan it once more with hitman and try to use the manual steps to remove it. Both of the softwares have free trial and don't need to be bought. Additionally, you should always be careful what you are browsing, if you don't recognize links avoid pressing them, and when downloading, double check if there isn't any "additional features" when downloading something. Good luck!