Software problems with ABIT KT7A

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Carloz, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Carloz

Carloz Geek Trainee

Hi.
    I've got an ABIT KT7A with amd Athlon TB 1000/266 processor and I've got a problem.

The problem is that I can't install any OS properly under it

Whenever it comes to the final settings, there are dialog boxes saying that resgrv has made a bad operation and it has to be closed.
    The only OS which I could restart to finish the installation was the ME which I'm actually using. Win 98SE couldn't be installed.
    Another problem is that I can't install any bigger software on my PC like MS Office, Star Office, Corel Graphics etc. There always is a problem in the middle of the copying process coming on a blue screen with an info that Vcache(01) has to be closed.

If anyone of You knows what's the problem and how to fix it, I'll be very thankful for posting here a mesage with the sollution for that.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I had that motherboard around 2 months ago, but replaced it because the problems I had with it :(

Anyway, I had a similar problem with the operating system not installing, giving error messages during installation. The problem was that the CPU was getting too hot, as the fan wasn’t working properly to cool the CPU down. You could have a similar problem.

What are your system specifications? It could help us out a bit more... :p

3. Carloz

Carloz Geek Trainee

My system is:
    Abit KT7A v1.3
    AMD Athlon 1000/266 with Spire 5E27B3 cooler
    nVidia Riva TNT 2 m64 32 MB VGA
    WDC 8GB HDD
    32x Samsung CDrom
    HIS external modem
    Flatron 775FT monitor.

I took out my old sound card, cause it had made severe other probz.

4. Sniper

This is the motherboard correct?
    http://www.abit-usa.com/eng/product/mb/kt7a.htm

How much ram do you have? Plus for what I see from your spec, you should consider upgrading your hard drive...

There’s a possibility that the discs for your operating system/s are corrupt.

5. Carloz

Carloz Geek Trainee

The problem was mainly in the disk's cache memory, when I tuned it up to 32 MB with Cacheman 5, the problems went out.
    I can now install anything I want:)
    As long as my computer works, I'll stay with this HDD, but I'll change it as soon as possible.

6. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

cool.......

Glad to hear you have sorted it out man.

C Ya

7. Sniper

Simple solution, but you shouldnt have to change that, unless you had messed about with it before...

glad the problem was fixed :D