The Power of 3?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Matt555, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

lol, they make it that much becouse someone will come along and think, oh wow 6800ultra with 512mb of ram, i will be unstopable with this, it will kick any 6800ultra 256mb's ass.

its cos ppl who dont know lots bout computers will buy one thinking there all so good.

i want a 512mb version of x800xt pe becouse then it will last longer and i wont have to upgrade as early when i want to play games that require 512mb of ram on graphics card.

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah i see what you're saying, i'm happy with my GeForce FX 5200 (128MB) as i dont do any gaming and if i did i would have upgraded a while ago.
    Yeah i have to say though Ex i do agree with you, i think nvidia will hold their 7800Ultra (512MB) until the new ATI card comes out, that way they can use the strength of the 7800TGTX and say "here's an even better one, we had the original (GTX) out a while ago"
    i think they could put more video memory in but the only things at the minute that need that kind of memory are high-end video applications used by Television companies and they've got the Wildcat Realizm 800 or the Nvidia Quadro FX4500 if they need it, anything more than 512MB's for gaming is excessive.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sorry Will, only the X800XL has 512Mb's or memory, not XT's:( I'd can pretty much tell you right off that it will be overpriced in the UK and not worth the extra money over the X850XT or whatever you're looking at right now.

4. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

there was a 512mb x800xl for £234 :\

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I would never buy a 512MB XL unless it was nearly the same price as the origional, that card probably couldn't handle any game with that many textures anyway.