upto 8MBIT Broadband (Incl Line rental) for £21 a month [Talk Talk]

Discussion in 'Bargain Zone' started by Impotence, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Calling Plan = £9.99 (Talk3 International)
    Line rental = £11.00
    Broadband = FREE FOREVER (up to 8MBit)
    One off connection fee = £29.99

first years payments = £281.87 (includes connection fee, £251.88 after that).

sounds likes a deal to me! just a pity i cant get this deal in my area:-

Offer Main Page:
    http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/...erver?article=MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.STATIC.TESTHUB

"Offer Explained":
    http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/...erver?article=MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.STATIC.TESTHUB

*shouts at mods, i forgot to add the links... but when i tried too add them when i clicked save it kept on kicking me back to the main page!

2. Impotence

The deal has been discussed HERE.

*note* apparently talktalk throttle P2P during certain hours..... but not at night!

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Wicked! I m just using speed of 256kbps and paying NZ$30 per month.. It sucks..... My whole plan is bit expensive as I have to do atleast 10$ of tolls otherwise they will charge me for that also and I have to pay for the Landline rent $40 per month. So, it $80 Per month just for 256kbps....

4. Impotence

[ot]
    so £28.41 for 256KBit
    [/ot]

5. Karanislove

May be its because Telecom has monopoly over here.

6. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

i have been on talk talk for a year and a half there customer support sucks and since introducing this free offer theres 2 much trafic so the internet service u get is v slow and i live in london.

also if u ever whanted to use p2p to download somthing talk talk blocks all ports that alow you to download so u cant

7. Karanislove

Its the same thing in here as well. No P2P program works.

8. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

well in a way thats a good thing becase it prevents piracy and in my option piracy is the fault of the isp and companies like google ect for supplying the tools and the ablity to have acces to them. so in a way its good

9. Karanislove

On which side you are? Before you said that your ISP is not providing you P2P connections and now you are saying it is good.:swear:

10. Impotence

Yes, TalkTalk does have bad customer support (and charge for tec support).

Peer to peer does work, as i have a friend who uses them and P2P apps such as Limewire and Azureus work on defualt port settings quite well!

However, i have not been overly impresses at the quality of there service recently as there has been a large amount of packet loss (found this through ping) and also there DNS servers recently went down for a few hours! (Could ping IP's [with packet loss aswell] but not names [ie google, cos you need a dns server to get the IP!!!]).

I belive this might have something to do with the promotion that i started this thread over, i think there resources are bit scretched at the moment!

[ot]
    The uses of P2P DOES NOT MEAN PIRACY!!!! i frequently use bittorent to download home made videos (Like Didgital Ground Zero), Open Source Software (Such as Linux ISO's, Open Office etc). File Sharing allows individuals to publish to the world, without needing Servers running 24/7 with expensive high bandwidth connections.... Its all in the idear of sharing. IPS's should not throttle P2P traffic, even if it does use alot of there bandwidth (if i have paid for 2mbit, shouldnt i be able to use it for what i want?)
    [/ot]