Videos

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Willz, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hi, maybe we should have also a video gallary were members can upload videos etc, i dont know if its possible, maybe you upload them on the forum, but there not actually uploaded on forum, maybe just a pic of the video and a link to stream it?, it's just an idea i thought may be good :)

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think its possible but just wondering what will it be used for?

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Id assume...like the personal area of the gallery

4. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

I'd say, as long as there are fairly strict size guidelines and using open source
    formats such as DivX, i see no objection.

5. Willz

Also, maybe if someone has a problem and they feel it would be easyer to show in a video and then include a smaller description or the problem, and then, yea a personal area.

6. Sniper

how about a bbcode which you could use with google videos or something similar? Also I know you could upload a video to the gallery but at the moment its disabled.

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

My only concern with that is the bandwith and storage space. I know server space and bandwidth are fairly cheap, but this could easily chew that stuff up.

8. Willz

have a video gallary, and as sniper said, have a bbCode to use with google videos, so you upload a video to youtube or google videos, then use a bbcode and put it on the forums video gallary, then its as if its on the forum or somthing, but give each member maybe a small amount of space to upload videos directly to the forum and make some rules like they have to be in DivX format or somthing.

9. Addis

Addis The King

Bandwidth could really be the killer here, a popular 5mb video can take a GB of bandwidth easily.

Maybe a link to a place like google video.

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah, a link would be fine, but unless Sniper has copious amounts of bandwith available on the cheap, I can't see it being a good idea to host videos at HWF.

11. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Yup, you r right. I also think that it will be awsome if a link will be posted. Always good to use the resources effeciently and effectively. Like there is a link provided by you for a visual RAID installation. You can also stick the video links, if you find it usefull.

12. Sniper

we do have plenty of bandwidth free but I'm not sure if the server could handle it.

Anyway, I could link it up with youtube and get your favourite videos etc all you would have to do is provide your userid or something similar.

13. Willz

Yea that would be cool :good:

14. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Agreed