Xvid issues???

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Pearhead, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Pearhead

Pearhead Geek Trainee

Ok here we go... I've been trouble shooting my prob. for a day or so now, thought i'd finally post somewhere. I would have went to the "Xvid" forum, but it's not takin new users for whatever reason. Anyways...I have no sound issues until I install the XVID codec.(I know it's a video codec) It doesn't matter if i only install it, a bundled codec pack, and older ver. or a new ver. It just doesn't seem to matter. Once installed all my movie files (no mater the format or type of media it's on) and even movies at the begining of games, has all this staticy/popping noise. And if i uninstall it everythings fine. Just can't view my fav. Xvid files.I've got all current sound card drivers, mo-bo bios, and what not. So if anyone can shed some light or would like to help out feel free...i'll be waiting for replies... :ff:

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Are you installing the codec from the Xvid site?

It could be that there is a conflict somewhere.
    I know you can sometimes have a problem when you have a number of different types of codecs installed. I had some problems in the past with codecs. In the end I uninstalled DVIX and XVID and installed a codec pack I found here - http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

You can download the Lite version or the mega version.
    So far I never come accross a format it could not play (the pack includes the Media Player Classic which is very basic and simple but with the codec pack behind it has yet failed to play a single format).

Maybe give it a go and see. The mentioned player can also handle DVD's.

3. Pearhead

Pearhead Geek Trainee

already been there and tried them.

4. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

I am not sure what elese to suggest.

Maybe try the Video help site and see if their forum can suss out what the problem is.
    The link is in my signature.

Sorry I cannot help further.....

Good luck