HIS X700 Pro

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Matt555, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

damn, oh well i'll just stick with the X700 Pro i'd rather spend less anyways

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Good, I know it's hard to resist more power when the price is so much lower then you'd expect. I always have a pretty set budget but then I start seeing these amazing products much cheaper than usual and I convince myself that I'll be able to afford them when really it's way out of my price range even with the price reduction.
    From the sound of it you wouldn't need the X800 and unfortunately you couldn't pop it in so the only other alternative is getting a X800Pro which aren't too cheap.

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah, oh well, the X700 Pro is good enough for my anyway, i'll might get the 128MB version but depending on how much money i get, its my 18th party 2 weeks today and i think i might end up with a lot of money, i need to save for a laptop next year so i think i'll see what i get and what i can afford to spend.

4. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

x700 will do you well matt.

x800pro's are tooe xpensive, as x800xt's are becoming cheaper than pro's, same with x800se's, some places are selling x800se's for about £400-£300 and then x800xt's as £250.

hehe, i convinced myself i could afford this x800xt pe for £187 when, i have now realized, i couldent, as there was more important things that needed the money :\.

but whats done is done :\

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Okay so 2 things happened, i got more money than i thought i was going to get, and i suddenly realised "Why am i buying a lesser card because of the cooler..." and so i went and bought a 128MB XFX 6600GT heh, and an arctic cooling VGA cooler for it as well....I SAW THE LIGHT! (and made a better decision!) :good:

6. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

you could of looked around and possible got a 6800gt for about £140-£160

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

well i had been waiting a few weeks and just wanted to buy it, so i got the money in the bank and went and bought it, its got games (whether or not i'll play them is another matter)
    i've got to get a DVI-VGA adapter now as my monitor is VGA and the card i'm getting is dual DVI

8. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Damn i made such a stupid mistake in my haste...let this be a lesson NEVER RUSH INTERNET ORDERS!
    I ordered an Arctic Cooling VGA cooler after seeing it was compatible with 6600 series cards, on closer inspection (just a minute ago) i saw it was for 6600 PCI-e cards and not AGP, i have emailed the company and asked if they can take it off the order and refund me...i hope they can... :eek:hah:

9. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

oh no :( hopefully it hasn't been shipped yet.

also, good choice on the card and have some fun with it

10. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

no it hasnt been shipped, i can amend the order, phew!
    yeah i will have some fun, hopefully it will come with a DVI-VGA adapter if not then i can get one relatively cheap on ebay.

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Man, that was a close one right there, gald you didn't get yourself into a fix.

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

cheers, yeah it was close, but they put the order on hold, also i didnt order it early enough in the day for it to be shipped that day so it would have been shipped the next day to arrive monday (over the weekend) anyway...phew (i'm glad i didnt order it at college like i was going to do otherwise i wouldnt have been able to cancel it as it would have been shipped... :eek:
    oh well, problem avoided...:D